Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Directed $6.3 million business continuity and disaster recovery project based on commercial off-the-shelf products. Simplified business processes and increased system reliability by 75 percent.
- Partnered with cloud service provider to develop and implement virtual disaster recovery solution. When needed, the solution provides full business continuity capability within 24 hours.
- Tailored service levels and staffing models to accommodate changes in business goals and objectives. Lowered annual operating costs by over $1.3 million through process automation and staff reduction.
- Established indicators, goals and metrics to support continuous improvement efforts and linked annual employee performance goals to business objectives as a method of reinforcing desired behavior.
- Led functional process improvement workshops designed to rethink legacy workflows. Workshops and follow-on activities resulted in revision, creation and divestment of more than 300 processes.
Cost Optimization & ROI
- Championed initiative to design and implement a private cloud solution for software development. Returned over $1 million in value to the organization within its first year of operation.
- Saved government agency over $50 thousand in annual cost and reduced administrative complexity by consolidating more than 55 individual database systems into a virtualized, three-tiered database solution.
- Developed business case for data center technology refresh. Approved solution reduced out-year operating costs by $900 thousand per year compared to current year operating costs.
Governance & Portfolio Management
- Championed the adoption of an IT governance, risk, and compliance program to ensure strategic business alignment of all IT initiatives.
- Developed and implemented ITILv3 processes. Standardization of operating procedures, escalation processes, asset management, release and change management functions increased efficiency by 40%.
- Established division-level portfolio processes. Partnered with business to define project entry/exit criteria. Managed technology project pipeline to deliver technology based on business alignment/need.
Human Capital Management
- Optimized team through aggressive recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, and monitoring of staff. Improved technical skill distribution and increased cross-utilization by 75% within first six months.
Organizational Change Management
- Authored communications plan and website templates for government agency’s enterprise-wide messaging migration. Provided pre- and post-implementation information and how-to guides.
Strategic Planning & Enterprise Architecture
- Developed technology road map and strategy in support of business goals and objectives. Authored business cases, secured funding and executed projects to enable business processes and agility.
- Developed strategy to avoid $2.2 million spend over 3 years through use of hosted virtual desktop infrastructure instead of traditional desktop refresh approaches.
- Established a strategy, architecture and planning function to develop an enterprise architecture, engineer technical solutions, and execute technology projects from initiation to divestment.
Systems Integration & Implementation
- Led implementation of division-wide customer relationship management system. Project streamlined business development and tracking processes, improved forecast accuracy and divested siloed systems.
- Led $440 thousand intelligence agency software development program. Project automated document workflow and enabled authors to classify documents at time of creation.
- Led enterprise-wide Windows 2003 Active Directory migration. Project collapsed over 100 NT domains into a single, centrally managed Active Directory domain $1.1 million under budget.
- Directed $280 thousand Active Directory and Exchange migration engagement. Led project team to successful migration of classified and unclassified data in a highly compressed time frame.
- Led corporate data center relocation project. Executed aggressive virtualization and cloud strategy to reduce data center footprint by 80%, compute infrastructure by 62% and storage capacity by 35%.
- Decreased desktop imaging time frame by two-thirds by refining processes to leverage hardware independent images and the development and testing of new images on virtualized systems.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new roles and functions by leading 57 customer engagements of varying size and complexity to successful completion during first 12 months on the job.
- Reduced downtime and increased the proactive posture of IT support personnel by implementing a holistic approach to network management integrated with existing BMC Remedy platform.
Team Building & Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Orchestrated proposal team activities and produced detailed responses for federal Requests for Proposal and Requests for Information. Directly contributed to $12 million in new business.
- Led implementation of 17 petabytes of networked storage for a global computer manufacturer. Partnered with customer through every phase of project to ensure business objectives were met.
- Managed implementation issues with customer-centric escalation methods. Partnered with global support teams to achieve problem resolution and improve customer satisfaction.
- Developed construct for first-ever IT shared services organization. Collapsed line of business IT services, systems and personnel into central organization. Reduced costs by $20 million a year.
- Outsourced division-wide desktop support services. Reduced backlog of unresolved incidents by 50% during first two months of program. Reduced desktop support costs by $100 thousand annually.
- Analyzed operations to evaluate performance of team and to determine areas of cost reduction and program improvement. Efforts to restructure team/refine scope of work increased margin four points.
- Devised incremental improvements to operations, security posture and project efficiency. Success evidenced by customer performance scorecard rating moving from grade “F” to “B” in just six months.
Vendor Management & Negotiation
- Spearheaded data services rationalization project. Analyzed business requirements, down-selected vendors and awarded contract. Increased bandwidth and cut annual operating expenses by $900K.
- Consolidated multiple, localized infrastructure maintenance agreements into corporate-wide agreements. Standardized agreements and terminus dates to decrease costs by $50 thousand a year.